Code Compliance is charged with maintaining the community through public outreach and regulatory enforcement of the Town's Zoning Codes and Ordinances. The codes and ordinances are in place to ensure that the environment in Collierville is kept at a high standard while preserving the small town flavor and sustaining high property values.
These inspections are based on the need to regulate ordinances pertaining to:
- Property Maintenance
- Public Nuisance
- Health and Safety
- Unlawful Buildings and Construction
- Town Zoning Regulations
- Other Matters of Public Concern
All Code Compliance Officers are trained in the 2012 International Property Maintenance Code and the Adopted Town Ordinances and Regulations. Continuing education is a major component of officer training, which keeps the Town of Collierville on the leading edge of public service.
The duties of every Codes Compliance Officer include:
- Inspection of single family homes, apartment buildings, businesses and vacant lots
- Ensuring compliance with Town zoning, property maintenance, health and safety requirements
- Issuing notices of violation, notices for vehicle abatement, notices to vacate, and related documentation
- Schedule and conduct follow up inspections to ensure compliance with appropriate codes and ordinances
- Receive and respond to citizen complaints and interview complaintants and witnesses
- Conduct investigations and recommend resolutions
- Maintain accurate documentation of all cases
- Work with developers on new construction projects
- Provide quality customer service to all residents and businesses of the Town of Collierville
The Codes Compliance Department is dedicated to making the Town of Collierville the best place to work, live, worship, and raise a family in the mid-south area by providing a municipality that is beautiful, family and business friendly, and safe for citizens and visitors alike.