If you are looking to build a new commercial building in the Town of Collierville, you will first need to contact the Development Department at (901) 457-2300 to set up an appointment for a Development Meeting.
When you are ready to submit plans and a building permit application the following items will need to submitted:
- Fill out the Town of Collierville Building Permit Application. Click here for the Building Permit Application.
- You must have a State of Tennessee licensed contractor for all commercial repairs / alterations. Please make sure to list the contractor license number, address, and phone number. If you are an out of state contractor, please visit the Town of Collierville Finance Department web page for further information.
- You will need to list the owner, architect, and contractor information: Name, Address, and Phone Number.
- Address (under contractor information) is the actual property address of the commercial business that the permit is being applied for.
- Proposed Use - list a description of the work to be done.
- List total square footage.
- List the total estimated job value - this value is to be of the total job (including electrical, plumbing, and mechanical).
- Sign the application
- List the email address of the architect and contractor.
- You will need to submit 3 complete sets of plans (24" x 32" or larger). One set will stay with the Building & Codes Department, one set will be given to the Fire Department, and the third set will be stamped and given back to the contractor to keep on the job site.
- The Plans Reveiw Fee will need to be submitted at the time of the application. The plans reveiw fee is .00275 x Cost of Project (Minimum plans review fee is $62.50). The Building permit fees and the Fire fees will be figured by the plans examiner after the plans have been reviewed and approved.
- The Plans Reviewer will review the plans, submit any questions, and will apply building permit and fire fees. Please see the Fees For Commercial Building Permit for cost estimates.
- When the building permit and plans are ready for issuance, the Building Department will schedule a Pre-Construction Meeting that will include all applicable department representatives from the Town of Collierville.
- Once you receive your building permit, the trade contractors will be allowed to pull their permits.
- When all work is completed and all inspections have been approved (including building and trades, fire department, planning department, and engineering - if applicable) a CO will be issued to the business.