Construction Codes FAQ

  1. Can I pull my own permit for:
    1. New Home? Yes the State allows you one every 2 years.
    2. An addition? Yes - no limit.
    3. Accessory structures? Yes
    4. Electrical? No
    5. Plumbing? No
    6. Mechanical? No
  2. Do I need a permit for:
    1. Widening a driveway? No
    2. Widening curb-cut (Inlet)? Yes
    3. A storage building? Yes
    4. A patio? No (Note: a permit is not required unless it has a roof)
    5. Yard irrigation system? Yes Call us for details.
    6. Swimming Pool or Spa? Yes Call us for details.
    7. To finish out my attic space into a livable space? Yes
    8. To change out a water heater? Yes
Town of DemoCollierville
    • Town Hall Location

      500 Poplar View Parkway
      Collierville, TN 38017

      Mon – Fri: 8AM – 5PM
      Phone: 901-457-2200

      Follow us