Accessory Structures

A structure that is located on the same lot as the principal building, detached from the principal building, and that has a use that is incidental to the principal building is considered an Accessory Structure. Examples include a detached garage, storage building, arbor, pergola, pool house, swimming pool, etc.
For details on accessory structure requirements, see the Town of Collierville Code of Ordinances for Accessory Structures

The information listed below will need to be submitted when applying for an Accessory Structure building permit:

  1. Home Owner Affidavit will need to be filled out and notarized if the property owner is not using a licensed contractor.
  2. Accessory Structure Application
  3. Building Permit Application
  4. Sketch or drawing of the structure - if the structure is a prefabricated building that will be delivered, then provide a brochure of the structure you will be purchasing.
  5. Plot of the residential lot showing where the accessory structure will be located.  Be sure to include the dimensions of the structure, distance to the rear and side property lines, as well as distances to any other structure on the lot (i.e. house, pool, storage building, etc.)

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact our Building Department at (901) 457-2310.

Town of DemoCollierville
    • Town Hall Location

      500 Poplar View Parkway
      Collierville, TN 38017

      Mon – Fri: 8AM – 5PM
      Phone: 901-457-2200

      Follow us