Home Addition

When adding floor space (heated or unheated) to your residence, you will need to apply for a building permit.  We do suggest that you have the general contractor fill out the informaiton as they will have in depth knowledge of the information needed on the applications.  However, if you are not using a contractor and wish to do the project or manage the project yourself, you will need to fill out the Homeowner Affidavit listed below and have it notarized (the Town of Collierville has notaries on site at Town Hall that can notarize your affidavit free of charge).

The information listed below will need to be submitted when applying for a Home Addition permit:

  1. Homeowner Affidavit will need to be filled out and notarized if the property owner is not using a liscensed contractor.
  2. Application for Building Addition
  3. Building Permit Application
  4. Sketch or drawing of the addition
  5. Plot of the residential lot showing the addition.  Be sure to include addition demensions, distance to the rear, front, and side property lines, as well as distances to any other structure on the lot. (i.e. storage building, pool, etc.)
  6. Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Upgrade

If you have any questions or need assistance with any of the information needed, please contact our Building Department at (901) 457-2310


Town of DemoCollierville
    • Town Hall Location

      500 Poplar View Parkway
      Collierville, TN 38017

      Mon – Fri: 8AM – 5PM
      Phone: 901-457-2200

      Follow us