The Planning Division collects and maintains statistical information from the US Census Bureau and other data sources which describe demographic, housing, and economic conditions and trends. Links to other demographic data and sources can be found below:
According to the Census Bureau, Collierville's population grew to 43,965 in 2010 - an increase of 37.9% from 2000. In comparison, the State of Tennessee's population grew 5.8% and Shelby County grew by 5.2% for the same time period. Collierville has experienced solid growth over several decades. Since 1980, Collierville's population has grown by approximately 460%.
Click this link to view the Census "QuickFacts" page, which has a detailed summary of Census 2010 data and more recent Census estimates for Collierville.
Collierville Development Report
Below you will find downloadable PDF copies of the Town's annual Development Report, which is produced by the Planning Division to help monitor trends and community demographics. This information is intended to help both Town departments and division in operational planning and to help the public and private sector know more about development activity in our commiunity. The most recent report (2015) includes information such as:
- Development Approval Summary for 2015 (residential and nonresidential)
- Summary of Town Acreage (over time)
- Zoning Map Changes (in 2015)
- Residential Development Build‐Out Status
- Projected Residential Development Absorption with New Housing Demand
- Residential New Construction Permits Issued by Year and Dwelling Unit Type (2006‐2015)
- Most New Residential Dwelling Permits Issued by Development for 2015
- 5‐Year Median House Size, Lot Size, and New Construction Value for New Homes
- Urban Growth Boundary (UGB) Residential Development Buildout Status
- Population Trends, Estimates, and Projections
- Existing Land Use Percentages and a Map of Existing Land Use in the Combined Town and Urban Growth (i.e. Reserve) Area
2015 Development Report (3.46 MB)
2014 Development Report (3.94 MB)
2013 Development Report (5.54 MB)
2012 Development Report (2.66 MB)
2011 Development Report (4.38 MB)
Collierville: A Regional Trade Center: An aerial map of the Collierville area that highlights existing and potential commercial development areas and a few pending or existing developments and infrastructure projects, along with key demographics. (475 KB).
American Community Survey : The US Census Bureau's American Community Survey (ACS) provides demographic, housing, social, and economic information using a survey form similar to the 'long form' used for Census 2000 (and earlier). Unlike the decennial census, ACS data is the product of a rolling survey sent to a sample of citizens and are the surveys collected by the US Census for a given period of time (from one to five years). By contrast, the decennial census attempts to collect information for all citizens for one specific day (e.g. April 1, 2010). Note: ACS data is included in the Census Quick Facts link referenced above.
AccessCollierville: Maintained by the Town of Collierville's Economic Development staff, this website provides additional information and demographic data about Collierville.
Questions? Contact the Planning Division at (901) 457-2360 during regular business hours.