The Development Department consists of 3 Divisions: Planning, Engineering and Building-Code Enforcement. Our department’s vision, mission and values are as follows:
VISION – A built environment in the Town of Collierville that will rank us among the nation’s best places in terms of quality, character and functionality.
MISSION – Provide the Board of Mayor and Aldermen, the appointed Boards, our citizenry and the business community with the highest degree of professionalism, expertise, objectivity and efficient process management to reach good decisions that promote the development of quality, character and functionality in Collierville’s built environment.
VALUES – Responsiveness, Accountability, Integrity, Fairness, Consistency, Trustworthiness, Financial Responsibility, Civility, Respect, Customer Friendly, Practical Solutions, Leadership and Professionalism.
Through its 3 Divisions, the Development Department's major business functions include:
- Long range planning that will help to ensure the orderly and timely development of land uses and that future residents and businesses are properly served with infrastructure (roads, stormwater, water, and sewer).
- Capital planning for future roads and stormwater facilities.
- Design, engineering, and project management for capital investment projects related to Town infrastructure.
- Ongoing up-dates and revisions to the Town's development regulations, review processes and design guidelines to ensure that high quality, private development is approved in a timely manner and done in a cost effective fashion.
- Building plan review and inspections to enforce life safety codes and to provide businesses and residents with a high degree of consumer confidence.
- Site and infrastructure plan review and inspections to ensure that roads and utilities meet or exceed quality and design standards.
- Zoning Code enforcement for the maintenance of private property.
500 Poplar View Pkwy
Collierville, TN 38017
Town Hall Hours: M-F 8am-5pm