500 Poplar View Parkway
Hours: M-F 8am-5pm
|Director of General Services||Derek Honeycutt, CPPO
|Sr. Procurement Specialist||
Lori Bryant, CPPB
|Sr. Procurement Specialist||
|All General Inquiriesemail@example.com|
The Town of Collierville, Tennessee intends to purchase goods and services of high quality consistent with the expected use at the most reasonable cost. The Town also intends that all purchasing actions are fair and impartial, competition is encouraged, and all qualified sellers or buyers have access to Town business.
The mission of the Purchasing Division is to provide professional procurement services in a strategic, ethical and transparent manner in accordance with best practices while delivering maximum value for taxpayer dollars through fair and impartial competition.
Through knowledge, research, analysis, and innovation, the Purchasing Division strives to be a valuable and versatile resource to its clients by ensuring its customers have the highest quality goods and services necessary to support Town operations and by challenging other organizations to match its established standards and levels of service.
The Purchasing Division:
- Develops written operating policies, procedures and standards for the procurement of goods and services.
- Promotes open competition.
- Develops effective and reliable sources of supply.
- Maximizes purchasing power through bulk and seasonal buying techniques.
- Complies with appropriate State and Federal laws on procurement.
- Supports Town operations with an uninterrupted flow of goods and services.
- Achieves maximum integration with other departments of the Town.
- Handles the purchasing and supply management function proactively in a professional, cost effective manner.
- Disposes of, to the best advantage, all material and equipment declared to be surplus or obsolete.
HOW TO DO BUSINESS WITH THE TOWN OF COLLIERVILLE
The Town of Collierville General Services Department consists of four divisions; Purchasing, Contract Administration, Facilities Maintenance and Risk Management. This information has been prepared to acquaint you with our policies and procedures. We hope that you find it helpful when conducting business with the Town.
The Purchasing Division
If you offer supplies or services, they may be saleable to the Town of Collierville. The Town, through the Purchasing Division, contracts for millions of dollars in supplies and services each year.
The primary objective of the Purchasing Division is to acquire supplies and services at the lowest cost without sacrificing quality. We are constantly seeking new sources of supply and welcome your participation.
You will find doing business with the Town easy. Most purchases are made through a comprehensive system of specifications, quotes and competitive bidding. The process ensures that contracts are awarded to the lowest, most responsible and responsive bidder who complies with specifications, terms and conditions and who also has the capacity to deliver the service or product on time.
We realize it is essential to develop good relationships with our suppliers. It is, therefore, our policy to give all company representatives fair and courteous hearings. However, our operating agencies and the purchasing staff are quite busy. Therefore, it would be appreciated if you make the Purchasing Division your first point of contact. This division will then arrange, if necessary, contacts with our operating agencies. Please make an appointment prior to visiting the Purchasing Division.
The General Services Department, Purchasing Division is located at 500 Poplar View Parkway, Collierville, Tennessee 38017. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday. For appointments, please inquire by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vendors / Bidders List
The Purchasing Division utilizes a web-based Vendor Management System for vendor/bidder registration. Supplies and services are classified using the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP) commodity code system.
We ask that all vendors doing business with the Town of Collierville register as a vendor through our Vendor Registration Portal. If you are unsure if your company is registeres, you may use the Vendor Search feature to confirm a previous registration.
At registration, each vendor will first be asked to enter their Federal Tax ID and Company Name. Once submitted, the vendor will then be asked to provide all of the business information the Town requires. All mandatory information fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
Request for Quotation (under $10,000)
The Town's Purchasing Regulations require that all purchases up to $10,000 be made by information requests for quotations. The procedure follows:
- A written Request for Quotations (RFQ) will be requested for purchases from $4,000-$9,999.99. Telephone quotations will be utilized for purchases less than $4,000.
- As quotes are received, they are tabulated and evaluated.
- The lowest and best quote is selected and award is made.
- A formal purchase order or contract is prepared and issued.
Competitive Sealed Bids ($10,000 and over)
It is the policy of the Town to solicit competitive sealed bids for purchases $10,000 or more. The procedure follows:
- A public notice or notice to bidders is issued in the local newspaper.
- Invitations to Bid are issued to all known prospective vendors, including vendors registered in our web-based Vendor Management System.
- Bids are received, opened at a specified time, tabulated and evaluated.
- Awards are made to the lowest and best bidders.
- Awards are approved by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen.
- A formal purchase order or contract is prepared and issued to the successful bidder.
Please Note: As a part of doing business with the Town of Collierville, Tennessee, each individual, company, or organization is required to obtain a Vendor Number to reference when submitting a Bid Response Form. Failure to do so will result in the disqualification of the bid. The Vendor Number may be obtained by accessing the Town's vendor registration site and registering as a Town of Collierville vendor at its Vendor Registration Portal. If you have any questions regarding the Vendor Number, please call the Purchasing Division by email at email@example.com.
When samples are requested, they will be held until the award is made. Samples for trial should be at no cost to the Town. Samples should be clearly identified.
The Town of Collierville is exempt from all Federal excise and State sales taxes. An exemption certificate will be executed by the Purchasing Manager upon request, when supported by an authorized purchase order or executed contract.
All purchases, whether for single or multiple items or services, must be supported by an authorized purchase order and/or executed contract. Town of Collierville standard terms and conditions apply to all Town purchase orders and a copy of the standard terms and conditions may be acquired from the Purchasing Division's web-page or by contacting the Purchasing Division by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All invoices should be mailed to:
Town of Collierville
500 Poplar View Parkway
Collierville, TN 38017
- Vendors should provide the purchase order number on all correspondence including but not limited to invoices.
- Contact the Accounts Payable Division of the Finance Department to resolve any payment problems between the Town and its vendors. For assistance with invoice questions, please call (901) 457-2230 or email email@example.com.
Complaints or Grievances
All vendor complaints or grievances should first be submitted in writing to the Purchasing Manager, who will take prompt remedial action. The Purchasing Manager will investigate the validity of the vendor's complaint and/or grievance. If the vendor is dissatisfied with the Purchasing Manager's remedies, he/she may then make an appeal to the Director of General Services. This policy does not preclude consideration of legal questions in connnection with any decisions made by the Town.