Environmental Commission Members
Repurpose and Upcycle Contest
One of the goals of the Collierville Environmental Commission is educating the public about environmental issues in our community. This contest is a fun way for students and families to explore recycling, repurposing, and upcycling methods in a creative way. Rules, guidelines, and instructions are provided here. You may choose to enter the Repurposed Art Contest or the Upcycle Contest.
• Applications due by Friday, April 21 (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Projects due to the Morton Museum between 3-5 pm on Thursday, April 27
• Judging will take place on Friday, April 28
• Awards and exhibition will take place from 10 – noon on Saturday, April 29
Please provide the following information with each entry (rules and application form here):
1. Name(s) of applicants
2. Title of Entry
3. List of parts (please indicate any parts that are NEW)
4. Statement (please limit to 150 words)
a. For the Repurposed Art contest: Provide an artist’s statement describing the art’s value, use, or impact
b. For the Upcycle contest: Explain the advantages of the new object over the old one.
First, Second, and Third Place awards will be given in each division of the contest (Elementary, Middle, High School, and Adult/Family Division.